Thursday, January 19, 2012

Second post of 2012

It's way past the mid of January and here I am, updating the second post of year 2012. The Lord has been good to me so far, I shall not dwell too much on the details before it is realised. Just to sum it up, good things are coming my way! That's a lame attempt at trying to be cryptic, I know.

The Dragon year will be here in about 4 days. I have prepared my ears to the sound of fireworks. I wonder if the dogs are afraid of the fireworks? After all, this is their first CNY with us.

The place where I am staying now is decorated with some lanterns at the guard house as well as this banner in front of the elevators.


Fatty Girl and Fatty Boy wish you a very prosperous Chinese New Year.

Even my workplace attempted to bring the festive air into the cafeteria.


One day, when I was having lunch, I spotted this lime tree that they have put up to symbolise that CNY is soon to be here. And if you noticed, there's a firecracker hanging by the wall!

The best part of it all, I got ang pau packets from the hotel!

But they are all empty. All ten of it. How I wish they would fill it first before giving it to me.


Nice or not? I am proud to be a part of Shangri-La! Not because of the packets only, okay? Hee hee...

Latest update:

I just came back from dinner about an hour ago and this is what I had.


Nasi goreng kampung from Uncle Pinang Emas' shop. I will visit him more often because I miss the food there!

Mom said I should be writing a 1500 words but I think the year will end by the time I am done writing. Even my favourite cross-stitching is taking ages to finish because I have ample time but not for it. Working life does make you feel lazy to face the computer for another few hours.

This is already my best effort to update. It is quite an impressive length, I'd dare say.

So, mom, what do you think? :)

1 wrote a note:

Anonymous said...

just finished reading your mini short post. I love the angpow packet design so nice. I will not use it to put in any cash just keep them as souvenir as it's not easy to get those unless... today is another day where i have not much mood in doing anything. maybe still recovering. tonight the mosquitoes have gone to many other houses. only mites are biting me.